The light at the end of the tunnel is near: your closing date! Before you walk into your closing appointment, here are some things you should keep in mind. Read up and be sure to ask your Loan Officer if you have any questions!
- Before closing, it is important to make note of a crucial third party that comes into play, the title company. Ultimately, the title company is going to take over and coordinate the assembly of documents during the closing process. So take note of the extra person at your closing table!
- Many lenders ask for proof of homeowner’s insurance before closing. Be sure to have this all squared away and remember to bring a record to closing with you.
- Documents, Documents, Documents. Make sure you not only bring all correct documents with you but have also reviewed and signed any necessary documents prior to closing. This includes important documents such as the finalized Closing Disclosure.
- Occasionally, underwriters will ask for the most up to date or current information to be provided at closing, such as a recent pay stub or other updated documents. If this is the case for you, be sure to provide all of these final documents at closing.
- Also be sure to bring a certified check, or arrange a wire transfer, to cover all closing costs. Closing costs include lender fees, title fees, government fees and third-party fees. You can learn more about closing costs here.
- Finally, make sure you ask your lender or real estate agent any last-minute questions you may have.
There you have it! You are one step closer to closing on your new home! If you have any questions regarding financing your dream home, feel free to reach out to a member of our Housing Buzz team. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have.